Guys, you are going to LOVE this soup!! It’s creamy, dairy-free and dee-lish thanks to roasting the vegetables which adds so much flavor and depth! Topped with more roasted vegetables for texture, it’s both filling yet light.
My aunt shared this recipe with me, which she adapted from the Savory magazine she picked up at my local supermarket. At first thought I wasn’t sure how I felt about Brussels sprouts in a soup, but my first spoonful I was in love with the taste! The roasted flavor really comes through in every bite, perfect to warm up on this cold, snowy day.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower Soup
Creamy, dairy-free and dee-lish thanks to roasting the vegetables which adds so much flavor and depth! Topped with more roasted vegetables for texture, it’s both filling yet light.
- canola cooking spray
- 16 oz cauliflower florets
- 16 oz brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter (or more oil for DF, W30, V)
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Line a large large baking sheet with foil and spray with oil. Place the cauliflower and the brussels cut side down on the baking sheet, drizzle with oil and roast on the bottom third of the oven 25 minutes, tossing half way until slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large sauce pan over low heat and add shallots. Cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the broth and simmer 5 minutes.
- Shut the oven, reserve about 1 generous cup of the roasted vegetables and keep warm on the baking sheet.
- Transfer the rest to the pot and simmer 2 minutes.
- Transfer in two batches to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve in 4 bowls topped with the roasted vegetables and fresh black pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 Servings, Serving Size: 1 cup + topping
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 3
- Points +: 5
- Calories: 173
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 393mg
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 8g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 6.5g