A cauliflower farro salad is a feel-good way to start the week.
It looks like nothing special, because some of the drab colors of the season are filling up this bowl and the vibrant tomatoes and greens of summer have said see ya.
But what it lacks in vibrancy, it makes up for in major flavor. Like, major.
And while I used to be a bit wishy-washy on farro, because let’s be honest, sometimes it can taste like cold, chewy oatmeal… when it’s cooked properly and tossed with a ton of other delicious ingredients, I’m sold. I love it.
Like this salad. I am alllll over this.
Give me all the farro. Starting with this bowl.
Roasted cauliflower is just the best. THE BEST. Tell me you don’t love it!?
I’ve said a million times about how it was one of the first roasted veggies I ever really got into (because it sort of tastes like popcorn, right?!) and it remains a fave. It’s works with almost everything!
So there’s that.
Then we have crunchy, salty pistachios. I love how rich the flavor of pistachios can be when paired with roasted vegetables. Really, they add that extra oomph.
A big sprinkle of pomegranate arils comes next, and those add a sweet pop along with some tartness. And pretty color, of course. They are adorable autumn jewels and I’ll just never get over it.
The pleasant surprise is the dill vinaigrette. It makes the whole thing tastes incredible. Even my mom, who stopped over the first day we were testing this, was super interested in the bowl. She sees it, her face lights up. This is NOT her cup of tea – she would never make or order something like this. And as soon as I mentioned dill vinaigrette she’s all “UM NO WAY NO THANKS.”
But curiosity got the best of her and she tasted it and LOVED it.
I think she was more shocked than I was.
I’m telling you right now that this can be theeee go-to holiday side dish. It will work on Thanksgiving or Christmas. But at the same time it can also be your Monday night dinner, you know? It’s super satisfying and filling and full of texture and taste. It’s like a non-deconstructed (constructed?!) grain bowl salad. One that you can keep in the fridge and eat the next day for lunch.
Yes! Newsflash: it’s just as good cold as it is warm. You might fight over leftovers.
Roasted Cauliflower Farro Salad
Farro Cauliflower Salad
This farro cauliflower salad is filled with roasted cauliflower, pistachios, pomegranates and drizzled with a dill vinaigrette. Delicious!
- 1 head cauliflower, (cut into florets)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cups cooked farro
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- ⅓ cup chopped pistachios
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced or pressed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place the cauliflower florets on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, tossing once, until golden.
- Cook the farro while the cauliflower is roasting.
- In a large bowl, combine the farro and cauliflower. Drizzle with some of the vinaigrette and toss. Sprinkle in the pistachios and pomegranate. Toss well, adding a bit more dressing. Taste the salad and if desired, add more dressing!
- This salad is awesome served warm or cold, and leftovers are great too!
- Whisk together the dill, vinegar, lemon, honey, salt, pepper and garlic until combined. Continue to whisk while streaming in the olive oil until the dressing emulsifies.
Promise this will be the last farro salad I share this year! I think.
The post Roasted Cauliflower Farro with Pomegranate and Pistachios. appeared first on How Sweet Eats.