This simple Salsa Verde Vegetable Omelette is stuffed with vegetables, pepper jack cheese, and topped with salsa verde and avocado slices. Enjoy it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
We have a cute little cafe by our house that we love to visit for breakfast. Josh took me there for a breakfast date a few months ago and I have been hooked ever since. I am in love with the Salsa Verde Vegetable Omelette. I order it every single time. I always say I am going to try something new, but when the waiter comes, I always chicken out and order the omelette. It is my favorite and I don’t want to miss out.
I love the omelette so much that I decided to recreate it at home so you can all enjoy it too…and so I can make it every day. I am seriously obsessed.
I love this egg white omelette because it is stuffed with lots of vegetables. I use onion, zucchini, red bell pepper, and mushrooms. To kick up the flavor, I also add in garlic, cilantro, and a little pepper jack cheese. I like using pepper jack cheese because you only need to use a little bit of cheese to get a lot of flavor.
Now, are you ready for the best part of the omelette? It is the salsa verde. When the omelette is done cooking smother that baby in salsa verde. I am telling you it is a complete game changer. I use to put regular tomato salsa on my omelettes, but I am a salsa verde fan now. It is SO good, especially when you add creamy, fresh avocado slices and a sprinkling of queso fresco too.
I like to serve the omelette with our favorite Roasted Breakfast Potatoes. Breakfast perfection…or any meal perfection. I also like to eat this Salsa Verde Vegetable Omelette for lunch and dinner. It is good anytime of the day.
I hope you like this Salsa Verde Vegetable Omelette as much as I do. It has become my go to recipe when I am craving good, healthy, delicious food! Enjoy!
If you like this Salsa Verde Vegetable Omelette, you might also like:
Salsa Verde Vegetable Omelette
This simple Salsa Verde Vegetable Omelette is stuffed with vegetables, pepper jack cheese, and topped with salsa verde and avocado slices. It is great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Yield: 2 omelettes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/2 small zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 8 egg whites, divided (4 egg whites per omelette)
- 1/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons queso fresco
- Cilantro, for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion, zucchini, red pepper, mushrooms, and garlic. Saute until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cilantro and cook for 2 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl or plate.
- Whisk four of the egg whites together in a small bowl. Return the skillet to the stove, and reduce heat to medium. Pour the four whisked egg whites into the hot skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the eggs are set and the bottom of the egg is golden. Remove from heat. Add half of the vegetable mixture and half of the pepper jack cheese to the set egg whites and fold over to form the omelette. Gently place the omelette on a plate and make the other omelette the exact same way.
- Top the warm omelettes with salsa verde, avocado slices, and queso fresco. Garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!
All images and text © .
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!