With half the butter and fat WITHOUT compromising on a buttery flavour, this Sheet Pan Garlic Herb Butter Chicken is a complete sheet pan chicken dinner with roasted potatoes and green beans!
Believe it or not, this Sheet Pan Garlic Herb Butter Chicken recipe is low in fat and absolutely incredible. So buttery with so much flavour, it TASTES so sinful yet contains half the fat of a regular butter sauce that no one knows the difference! Only you….*Insert evil laugh*
I absolutely love sheet pan dinners. Throwing chicken dinners together on a sheet pan to feed the family dinners like this Sheet Pan Lemon Parmesan Chicken Milanese, or this Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Cordon Bleu & Dijon Cream Sauce couldn’t be easier! The best part about sheet pan meals is turning them into meal prep, like this Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe! Store any leftovers into one serve size into airtight containers and you have lunch for the next few days!
Do you see how buttery this looks? ↓ The MOST perfect garlic herb butter sauce for chicken without worrying about squeezing into your jeans afterwards.
How To Make Garlic Herb Butter Sauce With Half The Fat
Every weekend, we have a Garlic Herb Butter Roast Chicken on the table. That chicken was the inspiration for this sheet pan dinner!
But, how is it possible to create a buttery sauce with half the butter, you may be asking? The secret lies in YOUR very on kitchen cupboards or refrigerators.
- Butter: yes you do still need some butter ︎
- Garlic: of course there’s garlic ︎
- Herbs: rosemary, thyme and parsley ︎︎︎ (or use what YOU like)
- And the magic ingredient: chicken broth OR stock! YES! It absolutely works. You get ALL the buttery flavours from the butter continuing its flavours through the broth with only HALF THE FAT, without compromising ANY of the classic buttery flavour!
Sheet Pan Garlic Herb Butter Chicken & Potatoes is a win win!
In three easy steps… you can roast / bake your chicken breasts and potatoes and just KNOW the flavours are going to be incredible!
- Combine butter, garlic, herbs and broth
- Pour over chicken and potatoes
4. Make sure everything is seasoned well before cooking.
I added green beans in the last 15 minutes of cooking time to add more veggies on our plates. Make sure you give them a toss through the sauce and then the pan juices to get flavour onto them too, and don’t forget to season them with salt and pepper.
You can also replace the green beans with:
- snow peas
The options are endless!
And just like that, dinner is served. Perfectly cooked and juicy garlic herb butter chicken breasts with soft and fluffy crispy roast potatoes and green beans.
Sheet Pan Garlic Herb Butter Chicken & Potatoes
Sheet Pan Garlic Herb Butter Chicken & Potatoes
Sheet Pan Garlic Herb Butter Chicken has half the butter and fat WITHOUT compromising on a buttery flavour. A complete sheet pan chicken dinner with roasted potatoes and green beans! TASTES so sinful yet contains half the fat of a regular butter sauce for chicken that no one knows the difference!
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth or stock
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, (melted (reduced fat or light butter if counting calories/fat))
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic ((or 4 cloves))
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt ((adjust to your tastes))
- Fresh ground black pepper, (to season)
- 4 x 5 ounce | 150 grams boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound (500 grams) baby potatoes, peeled and quartered into 1-inch pieces ((Yukon gold or White Carisma Potatoes work the best))
- 1 pound (500 grams) green beans ((or asparagus))
Preheat oven to 200°C | 400°F. Lightly grease a baking tray / sheet with cooking oil spray, or a light coating of oil. Set aside.
Combine together the butter, broth (or stock), garlic, parsley, thyme and rosemary together in a bowl.
Place chicken on the baking sheet and arrange the potatoes all around the chicken. Toss 1/2 cup of sauce through the chicken and potatoes, and season well with salt and pepper. Lightly spray all over with olive oil spray or cooking oil spray.
Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or when potatoes just start to become golden.
Carefully remove baking tray from the oven and flip each chicken breast. Move the potatoes to one side and place the green beans around the chicken on the other side of the baking sheet. Pour the remaining garlic herb butter sauce over the beans, toss well and return to the oven to broil (or grill) on medium-high heat for a further 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through (no longer pink in the middle) and potatoes are for tender.
Broil (or grill) for 2-3 minutes until chicken is golden and potatoes crisp.
Sprinkle with fresh chopped herbs (optional), and serve immediately with pan juices.