This Shortcut Pecan Pie will become your go-to recipe during the busy holiday season! The surprising secret ingredient shortcut makes creating this pie a breeze!
Have you guys started Christmas shopping yet?
I know, I know – I said the ‘C’ word before Halloween, but I can’t help it! One of my favorite parts of Halloween happens to be that I can decorate for Christmas the next day, ha! I will not apologize for my serious love affair with Christmas.
In case you were wondering, I am not just jumping the Christmas gun – I’m basically catapulting over the whole damn artillery!
And I have already started my shopping, too. I just don’t ever aspire to understand the level of anxiety caused by shopping on Christmas Eve. Like, how do you not collapse in a heap of coats in JCPenney, sobbing at 5pm on Christmas Eve, desperately trying to find the gift before the mall closes at 6? Nooo thanks.
I tend to have my stuff already purchased and wrapped before Black Friday, but as I said, I love Christmas. And thankfully, procrastinating is not one of my flaws. Don’t worry, I make up for my preparedness with a multitude of other inconvenient character flaws, lest you think I am perfect ?
And if you’re also wondering why I am jumping over Thanksgiving, it’s because it isn’t usually my favorite holiday. I love the idea of it, but when you have a kind of rocky relationship with extended family, it isn’t as fun or Norman Rockwell-y as everyone else makes it out to be. It’s more like the Hunger Games, less Hallmark movie.
But, as usual, I will be in charge of desserts on Thanksgiving and you can bet I am going to be making this Shortcut Pecan Pie! Not only is it a cinch to make, but the secret ingredient makes it even faster and easier: jarred salted caramel sauce! Instead of using corn syrup, you use a jar of prepared salted caramel sauce in its place. The result is a fantastic, rich and buttery caramelly flavor that packs a delicious punch! I love how simple the swap is, yet it makes a huge impact on the flavor of this pie. Caramel + pecans are truly a match made in heaven!
And I totally won’t blame you if you jump the gun and make this pie before Thanksgiving! You know, for research purposes.
*adapted from my book, Out of the Box Holiday Baking
Shortcut Pecan Pie
Author: Hayley Parker, The Domestic Rebel
Recipe type: Pie
This Shortcut Pecan Pie gets a helping hand from a flavorful secret ingredient: jarred salted caramel sauce! The salted caramel sauce adds tremendous gooey, buttery caramel flavor to this pie.
- One 9″ deep dish frozen pie crust
- One 12-ounce jar salted caramel sauce (plus more for drizzling, if desired)
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Ice cream or fresh whipped cream for serving, optional but recommended
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place the pie crust on a rimmed baking sheet that’s been lined with foil in case of any spillover in the baking process.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the salted caramel sauce, eggs, brown sugar, whipping cream, vanilla, and salt until smooth. Add in the chopped pecans and mix to combine. Pour the pecan mixture evenly into the pie crust. Tent the edges of the pie crust with a pie shield or foil to prevent them from cooking and browning too quickly while the rest of the pie bakes.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the center is just about set and no longer jiggles when gently shaken. Cool completely, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with ice cream or fresh whipped cream and additional caramel sauce.
Buttery, gooey, caramelly pecan pie! There’s not much better!
Have a super sweet day!