Ingredients: 2 1/2 cups dried Mostaccioli pasta,1/4 cup olive oil,3 cups of baby bella mushrooms, sliced,1/2 onion, sliced,12 garlic cloves, cut in half,1/2 red pepper, julienned,3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, rehydrated in water and chopped,1 cup fresh basil, loosely packed and coarsely chopped,1 teaspoon salt,1 tablespoon lemon zest,1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper,1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- Bring 6 to 8 cups of water to boil in a large pot.
- Meanwhile start on the vegetable mixture. Slice and preapre all the vegetables.
- Heat 1/8 cup olive oil and saute’ onions, garlic, mushrooms and pepper for 5-7 minutes.
- Start cooking pasta at this point according to package directions.
- Rehydrate sun-dried tomatoes by covering the tomatoes in water for 10 minutes prior to sauce preparation.
- Drain liquid, when ready, and chop and add to onion mixture. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the basil and the rest of the spices with the remaining olive oil. Cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- After pasta has been cooked al dente, drain water and bring pasta back to large pot.
- Add the vegetables and toss the lemon zest.
- Serve on each plate and drizzle with a little more olive oil and use Parma if you like.