Triple Chip Pudding Cookies are thick, soft, and loaded with chocolate chips. The center is melty and gooey, while the edges are buttery and crisp!
Have you guys MISSED ME? Did you even realize I’ve been gone for like 2 weeks? I haven’t taken that long of a blogging break in the almost 10 years I’ve been doing this…so while I am sure you guys didn’t even realize things have been a little quiet around here, I was very aware.
But the break was intentional. I just needed a little time off to enjoy summer, kids, trips etc without STRESSING! I mean, don’t get me wrong, I have taken many vacations over the years, but I have always had content running seamlessly here, 3 days a week so no one would notice. BUT I’ve realized, that I am probably the only one who ACTUALLY notices! ha! So I took a few weeks completely off and it felt good.
And you didn’t even notice. And were still friends. See how that works?
ANYHOW, I’m coming back with a solid recipe that you should probably make. Triple chip pudding cookies are easy, they’re freaking delish, and everyone loves them. Plus, you can use whatever chips you want. I love a pudding cookie like my Soft Sprinkle Pudding Cookies, or my Pistachio Pudding Cookies and these another HUGE favorite!
I know I will get the question, “can I use chocolate (butterscotch etc) pudding?” And yes, you certainly can, so get creative!
And of course, yes you can absolutely use any combination of chocolate chips that you like! I used semi-sweet, milk, and white!
The dough comes together in just a few minutes. Adding the dry pudding mix into the cookie dough gives them a slightly melty, soft texture!
I use a large cookie scoop when I make these, which is almost 1/4 cup of dough!
They bake up SO perfect. I make sure they are lightly golden at the edges, but also a little underdone on the inside.
And when you break them open you get this glorious site…
I know you will love these so so much!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 (3.4- ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon flaked sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and brown sugar on medium speed for 3 minutes. Add in the dry pudding mix, and mix on medium for an additional minute, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add in the vanilla, eggs, baking soda, baking powder and slat. Mix for 1 minute, until evenly incorporated.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the chips until evenly distributed.
- Using a large (3- tablespoon) cookie scoop, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet 2- inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden at the edges.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
You can use any combination of chocolate chips that you would like
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
If you use a smaller cookie scoop, decrease bake time to 8-9 minutes. Be careful not to over-bake. They might seem a little under-done, but they will continue to bake on the cookie sheet as they cool.