The #1 thing I’m asked most on FB live is what to make for dinner that’s quick, easy and feeds a crowd! Well… problem solved. Turkey Bolognese Stuffed Shells are about to be your new favorite weeknight meal!
This Stuffed Shells recipe is fast, fresh and perfectly delicious. I’d venture to say you have almost everything for this in your pantry right this very minute – you just need a quick trip to the market to pick up some ground turkey meat (white or dark meat works) and the jumbo pasta shells. Then it’s game time!
First, whip up a quick turkey bolognese. Thomas is ALL about that lean protein right now! Mostly because we’re about to head off on a trip that involves 10 days beachside, so he’s packing the protein like whoa. I on the other hand, am just the ultimate ground turkey fan. You can transform it into just about everything. Tacos. Burgers. Bolognese. Larb. You name it, it’s the perfect protein in my opinion.
So today it’s turning into a quick bolognese and then getting stuffed into jumbo pasta shells. Simple right? Then a quick sprinkling of cheese on top, plenty of fresh basil and voila!! The best dinner in just about 30 minutes!! PLUS – if you have kids, this is a fun one to get them involved in as they can help stuff the shells with the ground turkey meat mixture!!
Have at it! And TGIF for real! Have a great weekend guys! xoxo
Turkey Bolognese Stuffed Shells
- 1 package jumbo pasta shells
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound ground turkey meat, dark meat preferred
- 1 24-ounce jar marinara sauce, plus 1 cup extra
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 medium balls fresh mozzarella
- fresh basil leaves to garnish
- freshly grated parmesan cheese ?
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Rinse with cool water; drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, add the onions and sauté for 5-6 minutes until soft. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning and stir to combine, for 30 seconds.
- Add the ground turkey and break apart using a wooden spoon. Sauté for 6-8 minutes until no pink remains. Add the marinara sauce and stir to combine. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spread 1 cup of the pasta sauce in bottom of baking dish. Stuff each pasta shell with the ground turkey mixture. Arrange shells, filled sides up, on sauce in baking dish.
- Cover dish with foil; bake 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan and top with torn mozzarella. Bake uncovered 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Garnish with tons of fresh basil and serve.