Ingredients: 1 package (5-ounce) fresh baby spinach,freshly ground black pepper,1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil or canola oil,2 tablespoons dark brown sugar,1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger,1 pound Ground turkey,2 tablespoons mirin,Salt,3 tablespoons sliced scallions for garnish, optional,1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil,2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In small saucepan, combine soy sauce, mirin, brown sugar, and ginger; bring to boil over medium-high heat, whisking to dissolve sugar. Reduce until slightly syrupy, about 3 minutes. Adjust heat, if necessary, to prevent boil-over.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. (Sauce may be prepared up to 2 days in advance and refrigerated in a covered container.)Bring large pot of water to boil. Cook spinach for 1 minute.
- Drain and transfer to cold water bath to stop the cooking.
- Drain again. Dry thoroughly between layers of paper towels. (Spinach may be prepared up to 2 days in advance and refrigerated in covered container.)In large bowl, combine turkey, scallions, sesame oil, reserved spinach, and 1 tablespoon of reserved sauce. Season with salt and pepper and blend well without overworking.Form turkey-spinach mixture into 4 patties, about 3″ across and 1″ thick.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add patties and cook about 5 minutes per side, until nicely browned and cooked through. Lower heat if necessary to prevent burning.
- Serve with some of the sauce spooned over.
- Garnish with the sliced scallions, if desired.