Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:15 minutes Total Time:25 minutes Servings: 16
Light and airy whipped shortbread that melts into your mouth!
- 1 cup (2 sticks, 1/2 pound) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners/powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Beat the butter and sugar for 5-6 minutes before mixing in the vanilla.
- Gently mix in the mixture of the flour, cornstarch and salt.
- Form the dough into the desired cookie shapes and place on a parchment paper (or silicon mat) lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the bottom just starts to brown, about 12 minutes, before removing from the oven and letting cool completely on the baking sheet.
Option: Replace some or all of the cornstarch with flour where the cornstarch makes for a softer textured cookie.]