This White Chocolate Peppermint Bark Pretzel Candy is a mouthful, but a delicious mouthful! It’s my new favorite candy for the holidays because it is SO simple, flavorful, and festive! If you’re looking for a big batch of candy that will please everyone, this is that recipe!
Welcome back to Homemade Candy Week Day 4!
Today I’m bringing you my FAVE candy I’ve made so far for this week, besides the marshmallows because I consist of 99% marshmallows and 1% actual human.
Christmastime has always been my favorite time of year because I LOVE giving gifts.
OUR LATEST VIDEOS
I heard there’s a book that details the 5 love languages people have (or something like that) and gift giving is one of them. I am SO that person! Nothing thrills me more than finding the PERFECT gift for someone I love, wrapping it up just so, and watching their face delight when they unwrap it. It’s like an intoxicating drug almost because I just feel so light and happy afterwards. And yes, I am a notorious over-spender at the holidays because I just want to make my family and friends super happy with their gifts!
So yeah, not to brag or anything, but I’m a pretty good gift giver. All year I keep my ears and eyes open for the perfect gift to save for Christmas or birthdays. If a friend or family member mentions something in passing, I’ll research it when I get home and squirrel it away for the special day.
Even neighbors get gifts from me, because I just love to surprise them with something heartfelt and homemade during the holidays (and thank them for putting up with my rowdy dog, Mannie, who enjoys barking at everyone). Usually, though, I’ll spoil my neighbors with homemade edible treats because who doesn’t want a plate filled with an assortment of cookies and candies made fresh?
However, all year I fret about what to make for my annual holiday cookie plates. I have to choose the perfect recipes because I’m a perfectionist and also because I want people to be happy! I also try to make sure I make stuff that they probably won’t have that season – something unique and not run of the mill, like a sugar cookie or peanut butter blossom (although those are delicious!).
And now I know exactly what’s going on those cookie plates: these White Chocolate Peppermint Bark Pretzel Candies! I know it’s a long name, but I promise every component is key to these one-of-a-kind and seriously delicious candies.
One of my fave prepared seasonal treats are the peppermint bark Pretzel Crisps. They’re sweet, salty, crunchy, minty, and so perfect. I can polish off a bag like nobody’s business! So when I was brainstorming recipes, I knew I had to make some kind of version of my fave!
Some recipes similar to this call for the crock pot to help melt the white chocolate, but I found it’s just as easy to melt it in the microwave, and quicker too! Both methods have their perks for sure. The only thing about this recipe is you’ll need a pretty big bowl to mix all the ingredients in!
Sweet, salty, crunchy, creamy, and minty perfection… this candy has it all!
*inspired by No 2 Pencil (who has the crockpot version!)
White Chocolate Peppermint Bark Pretzel Candy
Author: Hayley Parker, The Domestic Rebel
Recipe type: Candy
This White Chocolate Peppermint Bark Pretzel Candy is easy, fast, and SO delightfully addictive! Sweet, salty, crunchy, creamy, minty goodness in every bite, it’ll satisfy all your cravings at once!
- Two packages (16 oz each) vanilla almond bark or white chocolate candy coating, broken into cubes
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- One (1 lb) bag pretzel twists, coarsely crushed
- 1 & ⅓ cups coarsely crushed peppermint candies (such as candy canes), divided
- ½ package (8 oz) chocolate candy coating, for drizzling
- Line three baking sheets with parchment paper. Get your ingredients ready! Meanwhile, in a very large microwaveable bowl, add the vanilla almond bark/candy coating and microwave on HIGH power for 30 seconds. Stir, then return to the microwave for another 30 seconds. Repeat in 30-second increments, stirring after each round, until candy coating is smooth and melted. Vigorously whisk in the peppermint extract.
- To the melted candy coating, add in the crushed pretzels and one (1) cup of the peppermint candies. Stir together until the mixture is totally coated and combined.
- Working quickly and using a ¼ cup-size cookie dough scoop, portion out rounded scoops of the candy and drop onto the baking sheets 1″ apart. Let the candy set before drizzling the tops of the candies with melted chocolate candy coating. Immediately sprinkle the tops of the wet chocolate drizzle with the remaining crushed peppermint candies. Let set before serving.
These addictive little candies will soon become your fave, too!
Have a super sweet day!