Your new favorite way to cook asparagus is ready to roll: Lemon Panko Parmesan Asparagus
One of my favorite parts about this time of the year is the farmers market. Every way you look there is some brightly colored ingredient just waiting to be made into something fabulous. I hit up the Santa Monica farmers market this week and stocked up on an obscene amount of fresh produce. I mean, after eating out for every meal in Africa and then spending the weekend in Seattle, I needed some home cooking stat! Not to mention the fact that I’m going to Greece in 29 days and swim suits are most def involved. GASP.
Anyways, yesterday I asked you guys on insta-story what kind of recipes you’d like to see more of and a LOT of you requested farmers market finds. Seeing as how asparagus is going NUTS this time of year, let’s make a really easy side dish shall we!? This Lemon Panko Parmesan Asparagus is basically the best asparagus dish on the face of the earth. I kid you not. I mean we all know how fantastic roasted asparagus can be, but when you pair it with a lemon toasted panko topping and then sprinkle on some parmesan cheese… I mean come on. It’s not even fair to the other side dishes out there.
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lay the trimmed asparagus on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle the Herbs de Provence on top and place into the oven. Roast for 15 minutes until just tender.
- While the asparagus is roasting, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the panko and stir for 3-4 minutes until the panko is golden brown. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the lemon juice and zest and stir and let cool.
- Once the asparagus is out of the oven, transfer the asparagus to a serving platter and sprinkle with the panko mixture. Add the 2 kinds of cheese on top and season with salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately.