Delicious grilled poblano peppers stuffed with BUSH’S Black Bean Fiesta™, topped with cheese and then grilled to perfection! These peppers make a great side dish or an healthy, protein-packed entree! Top with tomatoes, onions and avocado for an easy, inexpensive meal! This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of BUSH’S® Beans. All opinions are 100% mine.
Beans were a staple in my diet growing up. Mom always had the pantry stocked full of beans so that she could easily throw in enchiladas, soups, tacos, homemade burritos and so much more. Was born a bean lover and still am today.
Since summer is in full swing I’m finding myself less inclined to turn on the oven so I wanted today’s recipe to be easy, affordable and quick.
What better to celebrate fresh summer produce AND summer grilling season with these easy, grilled stuffed poblano peppers that only require 3 ingredients?!
Stuffed poblano pepper ingredients
For this recipe, you’ll need: few large poblano peppers, a can of BUSH’S Black Bean Fiesta™ and some cheese. You’ll half the peppers and remove the seeds and stems, stuff them with the beans, top with cheese and then grilled to perfection. 25 minutes later, you’ve got the most gorgeous savory side dish or plant-based protein meal that you can jazz up however you’d like.
If you haven’t tried BUSH’S® Savory Beans yet, I highly recommend. They’re affordable and great for kicking up recipes without the need for extra spices and sauces. I love serving the beans on the side with roasted chicken, turkey tacos or even using them in these cute little taco cups.
Are poblano peppers spicy?
Nope! Poblano peppers have an earthy flavor to them, are known as Mexico’s mild pepper and often used in a wide variety of southwest cuisines. I recommend trying them in this delicious creamy poblano corn chowder next; it’s truly one of my favorites!
How to grill stuffed poblano peppers
There are two options for making these stuffed poblano peppers: you can either make two foil packs to hold the peppers, or use a greased cast iron skillet.
For the foil pack, simply place peppers on a large sheet of foil and roll up the ends up the foil to secure peppers. You may need to use two foil packets for this to fit all the peppers. Alternatively, you can grease two cast iron skillets and use that instead. Either option will work great.
How to jazz up these stuffed poblano peppers
- Add cooked ground turkey or chicken. If you want to increase the protein, you can feel free to mix the BUSH’S Black Bean Fiesta™ with some ground turkey or chicken. Delicious!
- Add cooked quinoa. Looking for a little more heartiness to this meal? Try mixing 3/4 cup cooked quinoa in with the beans then stuffing the peppers. You may need to use less beans!
- Add extra veggies. These stuffed poblanos would be great with the addition of sauteed bell peppers, zucchini corn or onion. Or feel try a mix of veggies and quinoa — yum!
FYI: know that if you add any extra ingredients to the peppers, you’ll probably only need to use one can of beans.
I hope you love this simple 3-ingredient recipe as much as we did. We served them with grilled chicken sausages and a nice big salad. Easy!
If you make this, be sure to rate the recipe below and leave a comment. You can also post a photo on Instagram and tag #ambitiouskitchen so I can see your beautiful creations!
3-Ingredient Grilled Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Author: Monique of AmbitiousKitchen.com
- Serving size: 2 pepper halves
- Calories: 340
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Carbohydrates: 20.8g
- Sugar: 4.0g
- Fiber: 6.2g
- Protein: 10.8g
Recipe type: Grilling, Dinner, Gluten Free
- 4 large poblano peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 (15 ounce) cans BUSH’S Black Bean Fiesta™
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus more if desired
- For serving:
- Fresh grape tomatoes, halved
- Diced red onion
- Diced avocado
- Greek yogurt
- Preheat grill to medium heat, or around 375 degrees F.
- There are two options for making these stuffed poblano peppers: you can either make two foil packs to hold the peppers, or use a greased cast iron skillet. For the foil pack, simply place peppers on a large sheet of foil and roll up the ends up the foil to secure peppers. You may need to use two foil packets for this to fit all the peppers. Alternatively you can grease two cast iron skillets and use that instead.
- Place pepper halves in foil packs or cast iron skillets arranging so that they fit well and aren’t falling over. Add beans to each pepper half, being careful not to overfill. Top with shredded cheese.
- To grill: place foil packet or cast iron directly on grill and grill for 20-25 minutes or until peppers are fork tender. It’s okay if some of the beans spill over the edges of the pepper, they’ll still be delicious!
- Once done serve immediately and top with tomatoes, onions, avocado and yogurt, if desired. Use a fork and knife to eat. Serves 4, 2 pepper halves each.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of BUSH’S® Beans. All opinions are 100% mine. Thanks for supporting AK and the brands that help make this site possible.