If you love jalapeno poppers, you have to try this air fryer recipe! Ready to enjoy in less than 20 minutes, jalapenos are stuffed with cream and cheddar cheese and topped with bacon bits for one delicious appetizer.
Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers Recipe
Jalapeno poppers are always a crowd pleasing appetizer, and guarenteed they will always show up in my house on game day!
The air fryer jalapeno poppers are super easy to make, extra cheesy, and because they are cooked in the air fryer they come out super juicy and flavorful.
Don’t forget those bacon bits!
Why you’ll love this healthier Jalapeño Popper recipe:
- QUICK AND EASY: Ready to serve in less than 20 minutes, these are so effortless to make!
- PERFECT FOR A CROWD: Jalapeno poppers are such a great party food, they are always guaranteed to disappear quickly!
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: You just need some jalapenos, cheeses and seasonings and you are good to go!
How to make Jalapeño Poppers in an Air Fryer
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Combine the cheeses and seasonings.
- Fill the jalapeno halves with the filling.
- Cook in the air fryer to the cheese has melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Can you make them ahead of time?
You can stuff the jalapenos with the cream cheese mix up to a day ahead of time and then just pop them into the air fryer when you are ready to cook them.
If you have any leftovers (doubtful!) store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. They can be reheated in the air fryer at 350F for a couple of minutes to warm through.
Are they spicy?
Jalapenos are fairly milld in spice, although sometime you do get a super hot one! The cream cheese has a great cooling effect to balance things out, and cooking them also makes them a little less spicy.
Can you oven bake them?
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can also bake these in the oven. Place the stuffed jalapeno halves on a foil lined baking tray and bake in the oven at 400F for around 20 minutes til soft and the cheese has melted.
- Jalapeño Poppers have tons of variation– feel free to add anything you like to the filling! White cheddar, caramelized onions, or green onions would all be delicious!
- Cut the jalapenos in half lengthways and remove the seeds with a spoon before stuffing them. You may want to wear gloves to do this if you have sensitive skin.
- If you like things crispy, add some panko breadcrumbs on top.
These air fryer jalapeno poppers are so delicious, no wonder they are an all time party favorite! So quick to make in the air fryer, this is one easy appetizer!
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!