Almond Joy Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 48
okiesDescription: SCrispy on the edges, soft and chewy on the inside, chocolate chip cookies with alomands and shredded coconut!
- 1 cup (1/2 pound, 2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Cream the butter and sugars before beating in the eggs followed by the vanilla.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix the flour mixture into the wet mixture before gently folding the chocolate chips, shredded coconut and almonds.
- Scoop the dough, 1-2 tablespoons, at a time, form into balls and place them on baking sheets, lined with parchment paper (or a silicon baking mat), 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until they just start to turn lightly golden brown along the edges, 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!