Ingredients: 1 pod cardamom (seeds removed and ground with almonds),2 pounds fresh cherries, pitted,1 handful dates,2 Egg whites,1 cup Ground almonds,1 tablespoon honey,dash rosewater,dash salt,1/2 cup water
- For the torte: Whip the egg whites with the dash of salt until they form stiff peaks.Whip in the honey and gently fold into the ground almonds and cardamom seeds.
- Place mixture on well greased trays (or use baking paper). I like to divide the mixture into four on two trays.
- Spread the mixture out to about a 3/4 of an inch thick and in a circle.
- Bake at about 250 to 300 degrees F for around 15 minutes. Keep an eye on them and dont let them burn on the bottom.For the cherry filling: I advise soaking the dates in boiling water for about 5 minutes and put them through a tami or puree them so any skins are removed.
- Heat the cherries and water gently in a saucepan with the lid on until they are hot.
- Remove the lid and add the dates and reduce the juices down.Turn the heat off and cool slightly before adding the rose water.To put the torte together: Whip fresh cream and add honey.On one layer of torte add the cherries and then the cream.Put another layer of torte and repeat.