Ingredients: 1/4 cup dried cherries,1/4 cup brown sugar,1/4 cup chopped pecans,1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon,1 pinch ground nutmeg,6 gala apples, rinsed,1/2 cup apple cider,3 tablespoons butter, cut into pats,1/2 cup maple syrup
- In large bowl, mix together cherries, brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.
- With a melon scooper, core apples to hollow out the middle. Do not go all the way through. Fill each apple core with the dried cherry mixture.
- Pour apple cider into casserole dish and place apples right side up.
- Place a pat of butter on apple role filled with mixture.
- Drizzle maple syrup on top of all the apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 minutes.