You read that right, this cake is indeed better than sex! Rich chocolate cake is topped with condensed milk and whipping cream and finished off with caramel sauce and toffee bits for a dessert you won’t forget!
Better Than Sex Poke Cake Recipe
I know that saying this cake is better than sex is a bold statement, but one piece and you’ll be convinced!
This poke cake is perfectly chocolatey and super rich and indulgent. Every single bite is truly delicious!
Simple to make, this cake is sure to be the star of the show!
Why you’ll love this Better than Sex Cake recipe:
- PERFECT FOR VALENTINE’S: You can. of course, enjoy this cake any time of the year, but it makes for a great Valentine’s dessert and is sure to win the hearts of everyone who tries it!
- QUICK AND EASY: It takes minutes to prep this cake and it’s made with simple ingredients.
- INDULGENT: Any cake claiming to be better than sex, needs to be decadent. Loaded with layers of flavor, this chocolate and cream cake is all kinds of naughty!
How to make Better than Sex Poke Cake
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Bake the chocolate cake and let it cool.
- Poke holes throughout the cake with a mixing spoon.
- Mix together the condensed milk and seasonings.
- Pour all over the cake and chill.
- Make the whipped cream.
- Spread the cream over the surface of the cake and drizzle with caramel sauce.
How long does it keep?
This cake will keep well in the fridge for two days. It will still be good to eat after that, but it will start to get a little dry. Keep it covered to extend it’s life as long as possible.
Can you freeze it?
If you want to freeze this better than sex poke cake, it’s best not to add the whipped cream. Pour over the condensed milk, then wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag.
Thaw in the fridge overnight before adding the cream and serving.
What’s the best cake mix to use?
To make this cake super simple and easy, I used a chocolate cake mix – you can use your favorite brand. If you have a favorite chocolate cake recipe you of course can use that, or try my chocolate cake recipe.
- Be sure to not poke all the way through the cake when you make the holes. They should be about 3/4 of the way through the cake.
- The holes should be around 1 inch apart. Too close together and the cake will be too moist, too far apart and there may not be enough filling.
- Let the cake cool completely before poking the holes.
Be sure to serve this better than sex cake up this Valentine’s Day, trust me, everyone will be super impressed! So quick and easy but hands down delicious!
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!