Blueberry Coconut Energy Bites are a healthy on the go snack that only take 10 minutes to make! Kids and adults love these little no-bake energy balls!
I always keep healthy snacks on hand because I have two growing boys that always need a snack. And let’s be honest, I keep them on hand for me too. If I get to the HANGRY stage, life is not pretty. So it’s a good idea to have healthy snacks on hand for everyone:)
We are currently loving these Blueberry Coconut Energy Bites. The no-bake energy bites only take 10 minutes to make and they hit the spot every time.
Energy bites are a lifesaver. When I am craving something sweet and trying to eat healthy, I reach for an energy bite. They always cure my sweet craving. It is the new year and I bet we are all trying to make smarter choices, at least for a few more weeks..ha! So instead of eating cookies, I eat energy bites. Sure, I miss my cookies, but these energy bites really help soothe the pain. They are such a delicious treat, you won’t even know they are healthy:)
These energy bites are made with:
- chia seeds
- almond butter
- vanilla extract
- coconut extract
- dried blueberries
The blueberry coconut combo is a WINNER! You can find dried blueberries at most grocery stores, just look in the aisle with the raisins and other dried fruit. You might have luck in the bulk bin section too!
If you need the energy bites to be gluten-free, you can use gluten free oats. I like to stir in a little coconut extract to bring out the coconut flavor, but if you don’t have it on hand, you can skip it, they will still be good!
You can mix the energy bites up in 10 minutes. It is a super kid friendly recipe so let the kids help roll the mixture into balls.
The next time you need a little snack, make Blueberry Coconut Energy Bites. They are a great healthy treat! You can keep them in the fridge for up to two weeks or you can keep a stash in the freezer for up to a month. FYI-they really come in handy at 9 pm when you NEED something sweet.
If you like these energy bites, you might also like:
Blueberry Coconut Energy Bites
These easy no-bake energy bites are a great healthy snack for kids and adults! The dried blueberries and coconut add the perfect sweet kick!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (or gluten-free oats)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract, optional
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, combine oats, ground flaxseed, chia seeds, cinnamon, and salt.
- Place the almond butter in a small microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for 20-30 seconds or until slightly melted. Stir until smooth.
- Add the honey, vanilla, and coconut extract, if using, to the melted almond butter. Stir until smooth. Pour over the oat mixture and stir until well combined. Stir in the dried blueberries and coconut.
- Roll the mixture into small balls, about 1-2 tablespoons per ball. Place in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. You can also keep the balls in the freezer for up to 1 month.
All images and text © .
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!