Ingredients: 1 1/2 pounds bulk spicy Italian Sausage,4 cloves Garlic, minced,3/4 cup sweet Onion, diced,4 tablespoons Merlot,1/2 cup loosely packed fresh Basil leaves, chopped,1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes,2 cups chopped fresh Broccoli,1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Goat Cheese,12 ounces uncooked Penne pasta
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until nearly done. With about 4-5 minutes to go, add the broccoli to the water, drain and rinse.
- Meanwhile, fry sausage over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Add the garlic and onion and simmer until tender.
- Remove sausage mixture from skillet, turning up heat to medium-high, deglaze with the Merlot.
- Turn off heat and add sausage back to the skillet and mix well.
- In a large serving bowl, toss together the sausage mixture, pasta and broccoli mixture, basil, red pepper and cheese.