Buffalo Cauliflower Soup
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes Servings: 6
A smooth and creamy cauliflower soup with all of the flavours of buffalo chicken wings (without the chicken).
- 1 tablespoon butter (or oil)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced/grated
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1 teaspoon dried dill (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried chives (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
- 6 cups cauliflower, cut into florets (~1 medium cauliflower)
- 1/4 cup buffalo hot sauce*
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the onions, carrots, and celery and cook until tender, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and paprika, mix and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth, dill, chives, parsley, and cauliflower, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the cauliflower is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the hot sauce and puree (in a blender, food processor or with a stick blender), return to the pot and turn off the heat.
- Transfer 1 cup of the soup to a bowl and mix in the cream cheese and cheddar cheese until they melt, before mixing back into the soup in the pot.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
Note: *The spicy heat can be controlled by the hot sauce, use more if you like it hot and less if you like it milder!
Option: Roast the cauliflower!
Option: Add 1/4 cup blue cheese, melted into the soup along with the cheddar cheese!
Option: Add 1 pound potatoes, cut into cubes.
Option: Garnish with cooked and crumbled bacon!
Option: Garnish with crumbled blue cheese!
Option: Garnish with thinly sliced green onions.
Option: Garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley.