Cauliflower and Butternut Quinoa Curry
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes Servings: 8
A quick and easy cauliflower and butternut squash Thai style red curry with lentils and quinoa!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion (~1 cup), diced
- 2 carrots (~1 cup), diced
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1 small head cauliflower (~4 cups), cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 small butternut squash (~4 cups), cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 small bunch kale (~4 cups), thinly sliced and optionally massaged
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons palm/coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (or soy sauce or tamari)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro,
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the onion and carrots and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the curry paste and cook, while stirring, until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the coconut milk and mix until the curry paste has melted into it before adding the broth, cauliflower, butternut, lentils, quinoa and kale and cooking until everything it tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add the lime juice, sugar, and fish sauce. (Taste test here to make sure that the sour, sweet and salty aspects are balanced out nicely, adjusting as desired!)
- Add the cilantro and enjoy!
Note: If you massage the kale with your hands for a few minutes, it will turn from a pale green to a darker green, it will be more tender!
Option: I like to serve this topped with crispy fried onions!