Chicken Meatballs- you only need one bowl to make these moist, flavorful, and delicious baked chicken meatballs. They reheat and freeze well and can be used to make several different meals. They are the perfect meal prep recipe!
We make meatballs all of the time because they are easy and our boys LOVE them. Spaghetti and Meatballs are the classic, but when we want to lighten things up a little and go a little more basic, we make Baked Chicken Meatballs.
The meatballs are moist, flavorful, and you only need one bowl to make them. Clean up is a breeze!
Chicken Meatballs are also very versatile, you can use them to make a variety of meals, which makes them perfect for meal prepping. We love making a batch on Sunday to eat all week.
You can enjoy the meatballs with pasta, spaghetti squash, in a sandwich, with mashed potatoes, on a salad and MORE!
The meatballs are also freezer friendly! Stock your freezer so you always have a delicious meal ready to go! I am telling you, these chicken meatballs are definitely a chicken dinner winner!
The ingredients are super basic, but the meatballs are full of flavor.
- Ground chicken– you can find ground chicken at most grocery stores. If you can’t find it, you can use ground turkey or ground beef.
- Panko– panko bread crumbs are made from crustless white bread that is processed into flakes and then dried. If you need the recipe to be gluten-free, make sure you use gluten-free panko.
- Zucchini– shredded zucchini is the secret to the best meatballs. It keeps the meatballs moist, plus a great way to add in a veggie!
- Parmesan cheese– I like to buy a wedge and grate the cheese so it is fresh.
- Egg– to bind everything together!
- Spices– garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika! If you want to heat things up, you can add a little cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes.
- Salt and black pepper– always!
How to Make Chicken Meatballs
This meatball recipe is SO easy!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, you want the oven nice and hot. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up and set the pan aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, panko, zucchini, Parmesan cheese, egg, spices, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Scoop and roll the mixture into 2-tablespoon balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet. You can wear gloves or lightly spray your hands with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve warm with marinara sauce, over pasta, zucchini noodles, or spaghetti squash.
- You can also serve on a bun, roll, or baguette to make a sandwich. You can make a meatball sub with marinara sauce and cheese or serve with lettuce, tomato, and honey mustard sauce or your favorite sauce. The options are endless!
- Serve with mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower.
- Top your favorite salad with a few meatballs.
- Enjoy in a pita with tzatziki sauce, lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, and herbs.
- You can also eat them plain!
How to Store
Store leftover (cooled) meatballs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Meatballs freeze really well and are great to have on hand at all times. To freeze, arrange meatballs in a single layer on a baking sheet, make sure they aren’t touching, and freeze until solid. Transfer the meatballs to a freezer bag or freezer container, label/date, and freeze for up to 3 months.
Thaw and reheat in the oven, air fryer, or microwave.
More Dinner Recipes
You only need one bowl to make these moist, flavorful, and delicious chicken meatballs. They reheat and freeze well and can be used to make several different meals. They are the perfect meal prep recipe!
- 1 lb ground chicken (can use ground turkey)
- 2/3 cup panko
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, panko, zucchini, Parmesan cheese, egg, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
Using a medium cookie scoop or a spoon, scoop and roll the mixture into 2-tablespoon balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet. You can wear gloves or lightly spray your hands with nonstick cooking spray.
Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through. Serve warm with marinara sauce, over pasta, zucchini noodles, or spaghetti squash. You can also serve on a bun to make a sandwich, over a salad, in a pita, or plain!
Store leftover meatballs in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. You can also freeze the meatballs for up to 3 months.
Calories: 54kcal, Carbohydrates: 2g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 29mg, Sodium: 188mg, Potassium: 139mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 62IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 37mg, Iron: 1mg
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod