Jalapeno Popper Sloppy Joes
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4
Jalapeno popper flavoured sloppy joes filled with cheddar cheese, cream cheese and jalapenos! Yum!
- 6 strips bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (optional)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 jalapenos, sliced or diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning (or salt and pepper to taste)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese, warmed
- 4 buns (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- Cook the bacon in a skillet before setting aside on paper towels and draining off the bacon grease from the pan.
- Add the beef and onions to the pan, cook over medium-high heat, breaking the beef up as it cooks, and drain any excess grease from the pan.
- Add the jalapeno and garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, paprika, and steak seasoning and bring to a simmer.
- Add the cheddar and cream cheese and let them melt into the sauce before mixing in the bacon.
- Assemble the sandwiches and enjoy!
Note: You can control the heat in this recipe through the jalapenos! Add more if you want it hotter and use less if you want it milder.
Option: Add crumbled tortilla chips or corn chips, etc. for crunch!