Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola- If you like chocolate and peanut butter, you will LOVE this healthy homemade granola recipe. It will remind you of the classic No Bake Cookies, which is a VERY good thing!
No Bake Cookies are one of my all-time favorite cookies. If you’ve had one, you know they are super delicious. If you haven’t had one, you are for sure missing out. Think chocolate, peanut butter, and oats combined in one little cookie. YUM!
Well, this Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola reminds me of my favorite no bake cookies but this granola is healthy and totally acceptable for breakfast! The granola is vegan and gluten free, if you use gluten free oats!
Chocolate peanut butter lovers, get ready because you are going to go crazy for this granola!
- Peanut butter– I use natural peanut butter, just peanuts and salt.
- Coconut oil– Measure the coconut oil and then melt it.
- Pure maple syrup– Make sure you splurge and use pure maple syrup, not pancake syrup.
- Vanilla extract– Vanilla makes everything better!
- Old fashioned oats– Don’t use quick oats for this recipe. You can use gluten-free oats.
- Unsweetened coconut flakes or chips– You can use the smaller shredded flakes or the bigger coconut chips!
- Dutch process cocoa– I prefer the flavor of Dutch processed cocoa, but unsweetened cocoa will work too. Use your favorite!
- Sea salt– The salt kick is so good, don’t skip it! I use this brand!
How to Make
Homemade granola is really easy to make. You do a little mixing and then let the oven do the work! Let’s get this granola party started!
- First, preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients: oats, coconut, cocoa, and salt. Stir until combined and the oats are well coated.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat. Spread the granola onto the baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring half way through. Remove the pan from the oven and let the granola cool completely. Do not stir while the granola is cooling. You want to let the granola set up so it will clump up! Granola clusters are a GOOD thing!
I seriously could sit down with a jar of this chocolate peanut butter granola and go to town! It is good on it’s own, but you can also enjoy it with:
- Sprinkled on a smoothie or smoothie bowl
- Peanut butter toast with banana slices, a drizzle of honey, and a little granola
- Ice Cream
How to Store
I love having this granola in the pantry at ALL times. The granola will keep in a sealed jar or airtight container for up to one month. Ours never lasts that long because it is TOO good:)
You can also put the granola in little jars and give as a gift! I love doing this during the holiday season. Everyone LOVES this granola. It is such a good homemade treat!
More Granola Recipes
Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola
If you like chocolate and peanut butter, you will LOVE this healthy homemade granola recipe. It will remind you of the classic No Bake Cookies, which is a VERY good thing!
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup Dutch process cocoa or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
In a large bowl, stir together peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until smooth.
Add the oats, coconut, cocoa, and salt and stir until combined.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat. Spread the granola onto the baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring half way through. Remove the pan from the oven and let the granola cool on the baking sheet. Do not stir while the granola is cooling. Once completely cool, eat or store in an airtight container or jar for up to one month.
Calories: 185kcal, Carbohydrates: 18g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Sodium: 113mg, Potassium: 164mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 5g, Calcium: 22mg, Iron: 1mg
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Photos by Yes to Yolks