Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake (with an Optional Bourbon Cream) is the best pumpkin cheesecake! Creamy, uncomplicated and filled with beautiful fall flavours, with an Oreo base!
This recipe comes to you just in time for your Thanksgiving plans! A fluffy and super creamy cheesecake is just what you need to fond your night. I asked over 440,000 of my Instagram followers which dessert I should bake you all, and over 70% of the polls preferred pumpkin cheesecake to pumpkin pie! Believe me when I say, I ain’t complaining! In fact > confession > hand to heart > I’m sitting here eating another slice while typing this post out!
As if the cheesecake wasn’;t enough, we topped it with a bourbon spiked whipped cream (hello fat pants), and chocolate curls made so easy with a vegetable peeler and a block of chocolate. Because you all know how much I do easy and uncomplicated.
Ohhhh cheesecake! This one is probably my favourite one on this humble blog of mine! From the chocolate biscuit base, to the soft, airy cheesecake, and the cream on top! You guys are going to love this, but your guests? Get ready for some serious plate licking to take place.
Can I just say. I’m LOVING getting l’m loving getting all of these Thanksgiving recipes ready for you guys!
I WISH I had progress shots for this baby for you all to see how simple it is, but with 3-4 recipes happening in my kitchen daily lately, testing and retesting before posting them for you guys to have the easiest time in your kitchens, well…let’s just say chaos is an under statement.
Will you settle for a video instead?
How to make Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake with an Optional Bourbon Whipped Cream
- The recipe starts with crushing your Oreo cookies to dust. During testing, we tried two simple methods for you guys: beating them up with a rolling pin in a plastic zip lock back to crush them, and in a food processor. I preferred a couple of whizzes in the food processor to get all the cookies as pulverised as possible. Beating them with the rolling pin worked, but there were still some chunks left, and when slicing the baked cheesecake, it was REALLY hard to split the slices.
- Use a springform pan for easy removal, and place some round parchment paper on the bottom of your pan if you’re afraid the base will stick. This cheesecake needs a 9-inch round pan. An 8-inch pan may overflow when baking.
- When pressing your cookie base down in your pan, use the bottom of a glass jar to press it down evenly.
- Once you’ve beaten your cheesecake mixture, and easy way to remove any stubborn lumps in the batter is to pour it in batches into a blender. Yes, I know. TOO MUCH WORK, BUT ensures a smooth and lump free batter. This is my mother’s not so secret anymore tip of the day!
- Use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling. We use Libby’s.
- The whipped cream is optional. It’s important to use a cold bowl and keep your cream in the refrigerator right up until whipping it. We use a metal bowl, and keep that in the refrigerator as well! The colder the better.
- You can adjust the amount of bourbon you need in this recipe. I used 2 tablespoons, but you can add more or less, depending on your taste. Or leave it out completely!
- Keep your cheesecake in the refrigerator right up until serving! This one is so creamy and soft, it’s much easier to slice when it’s chilled.
Lord have mercy….
Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake (& Optional Bourbon Cream)
Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake
Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake is a fluffy, creamy pumpkin cheesecake perfect for Thanksgiving! Easy to make with an Oreo base and beautiful fall flavours!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, (melted)
- 28 Oreo cookies
- 3 8 ounce (or 250 gram) packages of cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 15- ounce can pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
For Bourbon Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 1/2 cups cold heavy cream (or thickened cream)
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar (or icing sugar)
- 1-2 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 ounces (100 grams) milk or semi sweet block chocolate, (at room temperature)
Heat oven to 350°F | 175°C. Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan with butter or non stick spray.
In a food processor, pulse the Oreos to form fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse to incorporate. Press the crumb mixture evenly into the base with a glass jar or using your fingertips and knuckles in a fist. Set base aside in the refrigerator while making your cheesecake batter.
In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar/s, flour, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in the eggs and pumpkin puree until smooth and well combined. Pour the pumpkin batter into the crust.
Bake the cheesecake until set around the edges, and the centre has a slight wobble to it, (about 50 to 55 minutes). Allow the cheesecake cool completely in the pan, then refrigerate until chilled. (At least 4 hours or overnight.)
Bourbon Whipped Cream Topping:
Just before serving, beat cream with sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add bourbon and vanilla and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
Chocolate Curls and Shavings
Using a vegetable peeler, scrape the blade lengthwise across the chocolate to create delicate curls and shavings. Top the cheesecake immediately before they begin to melt (refrigerate before using if you need too).
More desserts for your table!
The post Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake (& Optional Bourbon Cream) appeared first on Cafe Delites.