Creamy Shrimp Fettuccine with Spinach and Tomatoes Recipe – For a quick and delicious weeknight dinner, whip up this shrimp fettuccine coated in a light and creamy sauce prepared with spinach and cherry tomatoes!
A must try creamy shrimp fettuccine! It is SO easy to make and is ready in about 30 minutes. Also, this shrimp pasta tossed with spinach and tomatoes, is big on flavor and a bit easier on the waistline.
Friends, I’mma tell you somethin’. I am NOT a pasta lover. Far from it. Buuut, the rest of this household can and will live on it thrice a day, if they could. On their Top 5 Pasta Dinners, it’s my Creamy Lemon Shrimp Pasta.
I don’t understand the obsession with pasta, especially since it’s just a product of flour and water, but it is what it is, and I sometimes have to give-in and make what 3/4 of this family wants.
ENTER Shrimp Fettuccine. My little family can’t get enough of it and for good reasons; it’s really delicious! While I’m perfectly content eating only the shrimp with a side of the creamy sauce, serving it over some whole wheat fettuccine ain’t that bad.
HOW DO YOU COOK SHRIMP?
EASY! As in, it takes 2 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Stirring frequently, cook the shrimp for about 2 minutes, or until pink.
- That’s it!
For this recipe, after cooking the shrimp, you will remove them from the skillet and set aside; place the skillet back on the burner.
HOW DO YOU MAKE A CREAMY SAUCE FOR PASTA?
- In a large nonstick skillet (or the skillet that we used for the shrimp), heat olive oil and stir in halved cherry tomatoes; cook for 1 minute, or until just beginning to soften. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Stir in chicken broth, softened cream cheese, milk, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to the skillet; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 2 minutes, stirring constantly, or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in baby spinach and cook for 1 minute, or until wilted.
- Add shrimp and cooked whole wheat fettuccine to the skillet; toss to coat.
- Stir in chopped fresh parsley and serve.
This dish is easy enough to make on a weeknight, but also impressive enough to serve at your next dinner party. Plump shrimp marry perfectly with creamy fettuccine, and the burst of juicy tomatoes and tasty spinach add a unique twist to the overall texture and taste.
I intend to now head into the kitchen, pour myself a glass of wine, and make this creamy shrimp fettuccine, asap. You should do the same.
MORE SHRIMP PASTA RECIPES:
- Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta
- White Cheddar Shells and Cheese with Shrimp and Peas
- Coconut Lime Shrimp
- Lightened-Up Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
- Lemon Shrimp and Spinach with Spaghetti
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Creamy Shrimp Fettuccine with Spinach and Tomatoes Recipe
For a quick and delicious weeknight dinner, whip up this shrimp fettuccine coated in a light and creamy sauce prepared with spinach and cherry tomatoes!
- 8 ounces whole wheat fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 12 ounces uncooked large shrimp (peeled, tails removed, and deveined)
- salt and fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 bag (6 ounces) baby spinach
- fresh chopped parsley (for garnish)
- Prepare the fettuccine according to the instructions on the package.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat; add shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
Stir in 1 clove minced garlic and continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside.
- Put the skillet back on the burner and heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add halved cherry tomatoes and cook for 1 minute, or until just beginning to soften.
Stir in the rest of the garlic and cook for 30 more seconds, or until fragrant.
Stir in chicken broth, cream cheese, milk, seasonings, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened.
Stir in spinach and cook for 1 more minute.
Add shrimp and drained fettuccine to the skillet and toss to coat.
Remove from heat and stir in chopped parsley.
WW FREESTYLE SMART POINTS: 7
The post Creamy Shrimp Fettuccine with Spinach and Tomatoes Recipe appeared first on Diethood.