Creamy Tuscan Mushrooms
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4
Whole mushrooms in a creamy parmesan sauce with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil*
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese), grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cups baby spinach
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Melt the butter and heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and mushrooms and cook until the onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the cream, sun dried tomatoes, parmesan, Italian seasoning, and baby spinach, bring to a simmer and cook until the cheese has melted into the sauce and the spinach has wilted, about 3-5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, garnish with parsley and enjoy!
Tip: Use the oil from the jar of sun dried tomatoes to add even more sundried tomato flavour!
Option: Replace some of the cream with broth and/or milk.
Option: Add 1 tablespoon white miso paste.