Strawberry Brownies are dense chocolate brownies layered with creamy strawberry frosting and rich chocolate ganache. The brownie version of a chocolate covered strawberry!
Love brownies? Make sure to try my favorite Fudgy Brownies Recipe!
These Are Perfectly Sweet Homemade Strawberry Brownies!
Talk about a pretty brownie!! These Strawberry Brownies are a gorgeous, show-stopping brownie recipe that pairs sweet strawberries with chocolate brownies.
Everyone loves chocolate covered strawberries, so what’s better than taking all those flavors and incorporating them in the prettiest brownie ever!
But What Do Strawberry Brownies Taste Like?
I’ve seen Strawberry Brownies recipes before, but generally they are made with a strawberry cake mix, more like a cookie or cake bar than an actual brownie. I wanted to take that idea and make sure the “brownie” part of the recipe was a real chocolate brownie.
My recipe makes a chewy chocolate brownie topped with creamy strawberry frosting. The frosting is buttercream-style, using sweet strawberry jam to get that fruity flavor.
It’s all topped off with a silky chocolate ganache, so the strawberry filling is sandwiched between a brownie and the ganache emulating a chocolate covered strawberry! I feel like I nailed this one…you guys are going to love them!
- cocoa powder
- tablespoon vanilla
- granulated sugar
- all purpose flour
- powdered sugar
- strawberry jam
- heavy cream
- chocolate chips
Easy Steps To Make Strawberry Brownies:
These brownies are actually very easy to make and can be made in advance, in parts, or all at the same time.
- Bake your brownies and let them cool.
- Make your frosting and spread it on the cooled brownies.
- Chill the brownies while you make the ganache.
- Melt the chocolate, butter, and heavy cream together (see recipe card for exact instructions) creating the ganache and pour that on top of the chilled brownies.
- Chill the brownies to set the ganache and then slice and serve!
Can You Use Fresh Strawberries?
For the frosting you see I use strawberry jam to get that strawberry flavor. You might be tempted to use fresh strawberries, or fresh strawberry puree instead of the jam. And it can work, yes, BUT sometimes the fresh strawberries with the butter can curdle or separate and I wanted this brownie filling to be as smooth as possible! So using jam really is an easy fix.
You can also use preserves if you would like those strawberry pieces in the frosting.
How To Store Strawberry Brownies:
It’s best to store these brownies in the refrigerator. You can certainly enjoy them at room temperature, and even keep them on your counter…but I like the way they slice when they’re chilled.
Can You Freeze These Brownies?
Absolutely! These freeze really well! You can freeze them sliced or in the pan covered airtight for up to 30 days for best freshness.
Love Strawberry Desserts? Here Are A Few Recipes You Might Like:
Strawberry Brownies are like a chocolate covered strawberry! Fudgy brownies topped with creamy strawberry frosting and chocolate ganache!
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Brownies: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 pan with foil and coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer combine melted butter and cocoa powder. Mix on medium speed until all lumps are gone.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until thickened and smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add in the sugar and mix until incorporated and finally add in flour and mix until combined.
- Spread in prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes until center is just set. Let cool completely.
- Strawberry Filling: In the bowl of your clean stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and powdered sugar together until combined. Add in the strawberry jam and mix until smooth and creamy. Spread this on the cooled brownies and place in the refrigerator while preparing your ganache.
- Chocolate Ganache: In a microwave-safe bowl or in a saucepan, heat the heavy cream until steaming but not boiling.
- Place the butter and chocolate chips in a medium bowl and pour the hot cream on top of the chocolate. Allow the chocolate to sit in the hot cream for 3-4 minutes and then mix until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Remove the brownies from the refrigerator and pour the ganache on top of the strawberry filling. Use an offset spatula to spread the ganache to coat the filling.
- Cover and refrigerate until the ganache is set, about an hour.
- Cut into bars when ready to serve.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, brownies, strawberry brownies, strawberry frosting
Want To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: