Double chocolate paleo banana bread made with almond flour and coconut flour! Naturally sweetened with only bananas and chocolate chips for a low sugar snack you’ll love.
Wednesdays always seem to be the best to drop a treat on the blog because you’re all looking for new things to make, and who doesn’t love a good dessert for the rest of the week or to bake over the weekend?!
Normally I start each blog post with some sort of little story about life and what I’ve been up to lately. Today I just want to bring you an older recipe for this paleo banana bread, but with new photos because frankly, this recipe is just awesome.
Ingredients in double chocolate paleo banana bread
This paleo banana bread is one my favorite treats because it just so happens to be moist, sweet, flavorful and full of chocolate flavor. The best part is that there’s NO SUGAR added (besides the chocolate chips). The bananas add the perfect amount of sweetness, and when paired with the melty pools of dark chocolate it becomes a banana bread dream come true.
The ingredients in this paleo banana bread are:
- ripe bananas (make sure you use the ones with brown spots for extra sweetness and moisture!)
- vanilla extract
- fine blanched almond flour
- coconut flour
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- baking powder
- baking soda
- chocolate chips, dairy free if desired
Ways to enjoy these double chocolate paleo banana bread bars
My favorite way to serve this is warm, when the chocolate is still melted. Tony actually prefers them cold out of the fridge, so it’s up to you how to enjoy them. I do highly recommend sprinkling them with sea salt or maybe adding some peanut butter on top? Sounds odd, but it’s addicting.
How to store paleo chocolate banana bread
I recommend keeping these at room temperature for a day, then transferring to an airtight container and storing in the fridge. They’ll stay good for 5 days.
See how to make the paleo double chocolate banana bread:
I hope you enjoy these chocolate-packed paleo banana bread bars. If you make them, be sure to leave a comment below! I’d also love if you uploaded a pic to Instagram and tagged #ambitiouskitchen so I can see your creation! xo.
Double Chocolate Paleo Banana Bread Bars
Author: Monique of AmbitiousKitchen.com
- Serving size: 1 bar (based on 12)
- Calories: 159
- Fat: 9.1g
- Carbohydrates: 15.5g
- Sugar: 6.4g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Protein: 3g
Recipe type: Bread, Breakfast, Snack, Healthy Treat, Paleo, Grain Free, Gluten Free
- 3 medium overripe bananas (the ones with lots of brown spots are best)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup packed blanched fine almond flour
- 1/3 cup packed coconut flour
- 1/2 cup high-quality cocoa powder (see recipe notes below)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, dairy free if desired
- For topping:
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips (dairy free, if desired)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8×8 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add bananas, eggs and vanilla to a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gently fold in wet mixture and stir until well combined. Next stir in chocolate chunks, reserving a few tablespoons. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan and sprinkle remaining chocolate chunks on top. Bake for 18-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Once done baking, transfer pan to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before cutting into 12 bars.
I often use Trader Joe’s Cocoa powder, but Ghriradelli’s Unsweetened Cocoa powder is another favorite. Another favorite is Dagoba’s organic cacao powder. If you use cacao powder, only use 1/3 cup.