Easy Cheese Ball-this simple and delicious cheese ball is everyone’s favorite party snack!
Cheese balls. I don’t know who came up with them, but I am glad they did. I will be honest, when I was little, I was kind of frightened by cheese balls. I wasn’t sure what was in them and wasn’t sure I wanted to try them. I thought they were something only old people ate…ha! But once I tried them, I was hooked for life, even as a youngster. I have been making this Easy Cheese Ball since my high school days and is is my favorite!
I love this Cheese Ball because it is so easy! You can whip it up in minutes, which makes it great for the busy holiday season. It is my go to party appetizer when I am short on time. It is a classic. Everyone loves a good cheese ball, especially this one. It’s my favorite!
The ingredients are super simple, but taste so good together, all rolled up in a little ball. I use cream cheese, shredded white sharp cheddar cheese, garlic powder, worcestershire sauce, green onions, and a little dash of hot sauce. I roll the cheese ball in chopped pecans to make the cheese ball pretty!
Serve the cheese ball with crackers, bread, or cut up veggies! This Easy Cheese Ball is always a hit at parties. Make it for Christmas, New Years, or any party! Your friends and family are going to love it.
Easy Cheese Ball
This easy cheese ball is a party favorite! It only takes minutes to make and is great served with crackers, bread, or veggies.
Yield: 1 cheese ball
Prep Time:10 mintues
Total Time:1 hour 10 minutes (includes chill time)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups shredded white sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- A few dashes of hot sauce
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Crackers, cut up vegetables, or baguette slices, for serving
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the cheddar cheese and mix until just combined. Add the garlic powder, worcestershire sauce, green onions, and hot sauce. Mix until well combined combined.
- Spoon cheese mixture onto a large sheet of plastic wrap and form into a ball. Wrap cheese ball in plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour.
- When ready to serve, remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator. Place chopped pecans on a plate. Unwrap cheese ball and gently roll in pecans, coating well. Place on a serving plate and serve with crackers, cut up vegetables, or baguette slices.
Note-the cheese ball will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. If you are going to keep it in the fridge for that long, I would wait to add the pecans until ready to serve so they don’t get soggy.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!