What traditional ingredients are commonly used in Greek breakfast recipes as discussed in ‘Savor The Mediterranean: Easy Traditional Greek Breakfast Recipe Revealed’?
Greek cuisine is a beautiful representation of the Mediterranean diet, known for its many health benefits and distinctive flavors. In the heart of this culinary tradition is the classic Greek breakfast, a meal rich in natural ingredients, offering a nourishing start to the day. Today, we will unlock the secret of an easy and traditional Greek breakfast recipe that you can prepare at home and savor the Mediterranean!
Traditional Greek Breakfast Recipe: Tiganites (Greek Pancakes)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- Olive oil for frying
- Greek yoghurt, honey and fresh fruits for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- In another bowl, whisk the honey, eggs, and milk together until evenly combined.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Have some lumps in mix.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat and brush with a small amount of olive oil.
- Drop batter by large tablespoonfuls onto skillet. Cook until bubbles form and edges are dry, about 2-3 minutes. Flip, and cook until browned on the other side. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve your Tiganites hot with a dollop of Greek yoghurt, a drizzle of honey and fresh fruits on top.
Enjoy your journey to the Mediterranean with this delightful Greek breakfast. It is not just about the food, but it is also about the experience and exploration of Greek culture and their approach to nourishment. Let this recipe be your passport to a healthier and more flavorful eating lifestyle. Kali Orexi (Bon Appétit)!