When it comes to comfort food, few dishes can beat a rich and creamy chicken alfredo. This classic Italian dish combines perfectly cooked pasta with a velvety sauce made from butter, cream, and parmesan cheese. The addition of tender chicken breast takes this already delicious meal to the next level, making it the perfect choice for a comforting dinner on any night of the week. Follow this simple recipe to create your own plate of delectable chicken alfredo that will have you coming back for seconds.
- 1 pound of fettuccine or linguine pasta
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 pint of heavy cream
- 2 cups of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet or pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the chicken breast pieces to the skillet, along with the garlic powder, onion powder, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook until the chicken is browned on all sides and cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, add the heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Whisk the mixture until it is melted and well combined.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for a few minutes until it thickens slightly.
- Add the cooked pasta back to the pot and mix well with the sauce.
- Add the chicken pieces back to the skillet and mix everything together until it is heated through.
- Serve hot, garnished with additional parmesan cheese and fresh herbs if desired.