Are you fed up of your nights being filled with unhealthy meals? Cook something extra tasty and nutritious tonight with our tips on Healthy Dinners: Delicious Nights In. Not only will the meals be packed with vitamins and minerals, but they guarantee to give you those cozy night vibes, too. Let’s get cooking!
1. Easy and Nutritious: Healthy Dinners that Make Delicious Nights In
At home nights don’t need to equal frozen pizza and microwavable meals. Making nutritionally balanced dinners with seasonal produce can be quick, easy and delicious. Here are some recipes that are sure to make meals at home special occasions.
- Roasted Cauliflower Chickpea Bowls – A mix of comforting flavors and textures, this vegan-friendly bowl is one of the quickest and simplest of meals. Layer cooked long-grain rice, toasted almonds, sweet raisins, roasted cauliflower and chickpeas. Drizzle with a homemade tahini dressing and enjoy.
- Butternut Squash Veggie Burgers – Perfect for a cozy night in, these veggie-packed burgers are hearty and healthy. The advantage of making them at home is that you can customize the mix with whatever veg you have available. Top with crisp lettuce leaves and smashed avocado, and add a fried egg for an extra-special touch.
- Caramelized Onion and Cashew Mac & Cheese – A classic comfort food taken up a notch. Cashews give this mac & cheese a creamy texture, while caramelized onions bring a touch of sweetness. Perfect with a side of freshly steamed asparagus or broccoli.
If there are picky eaters on the table, try using ingredients they love in a new way. For example, pizza dough is a great base for a range of patchwork dinners. Making a pizza dough bread, adding your favorite veg and cheese and baking it in the oven to make the perfect family dinner.
2. Livin’ It Up with Tasty Veggies and Simple Protein
When it comes to flavor, you don’t have to sacrifice taste for health. Hearty vegetables are full of flavor and are packed with nutrients. A quick stir-fry of broccoli, peppers, and mushrooms can be topped with a light soy sauce for a savory family meal.
For protein, try some simply cooked grilled fish or tofu. Marinate with some garlic and ginger and add a rainbow of roasted vegetables and you have a delectable, nutrient-dense dish. For extra nutrition, add a colorful bean salad or quinoa.
All of these options are both simple and delicious! With the combination of colorful veggies, various proteins and grains, you can create an abundance of flavorful dishes for the entire family to enjoy.
3. Meals to Make Ahead and Enjoy Later
Having a few meals on hand that you can easily heat and eat later can be a lifesaver. Whether you’re dealing with your own crazy schedule or dealing with your family’s, it helps to have something yummy to pull from the freezer. Here are three simple meals you can make ahead that your family will enjoy later:
- Lasagna: Assemble the layers of pasta, sauce, and cheese and freeze for a few hours before baking. Or, you can assemble, bake, and cool it completely before freezing for an even faster meal later on.
- Taco casseroles: Prep the ingredients and mix them up in one large pan. Let it cool to room temperature and freeze before baking.
- Breakfast burritos: Chop your favorite veggies, stir fry them together with eggs and cheese, then spoon the mixture into warm flour tortillas. Wrap in foil and freeze. Reheat in the oven or an Air Fryer.
Making meals ahead of time shouldn’t be a chore but an opportunity to make your life easier. Keep ingredients like cheese, pasta, cashews, beans, and quinoa in your pantry and you’ll always have something to pull together for a delicious make-ahead meal.
4. Savory Salads and Soups that Pack a Punch of Flavor
When you crave for something packed with flavor and nutrition, try to reach for a delicious salad or soup. They are easy to create, healthy to eat, and have tons of different ingredients to choose from. Here’s four succulent recipes to help you satisfy your tastebuds:
- Mediterranean Orzo Salad: A glorious mix of fresh vegetables, feta, olives and lemon gives this salad a zesty twist. To top it off, it’s smothered in a delicious Mediterranean dressing.
- Winter Kale Detox Soup: Bursting with fiber and antioxidants, it’s the perfect way to detoxify the body and warm your soul during winter. Who said comfort food had to be unhealthy?
- Garlicky Broccoli and Red Pepper Quinoa: This delicious and highly nutritious dish is bursting with garlic and savory flavors. The combination of quinoa, broccoli and red peppers makes it a filling and healthy twist on classic dishes.
- Thai Sweet Potato Soup: This soup is a flavor explosion! Packed with garlic, ginger, lemongrass and red spicy curry paste, it is sure to please your senses. Drizzle plenty of coconut and lime juice over your bowl and enjoy!
These delightful salads and soups will help you take your meals to the next level. Introduce them to your menu selection and let the flavors surprise and delight you!
5. Decadent Desserts That Won’t Derail Your Diet Goals
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
Healthy chocolate avocado pudding takes only five minutes to make and is the perfect decadent yet nutritious dessert. With no added sugars or dairy, it’s also vegan-friendly! Simply mix together one mashed avocado, one tablespoon of cocoa powder, and two tablespoons of your favorite plant-based milk for a delicious and indulgent treat. Top with fresh berries for extra sweetness.
Overnight oats are a satiating and quick recipe featuring oats setup the night before. All you need is a bowl, a spoon and the following ingredients: one-quarter cup oats, one-half cup of your favorite plant-based milk and optional add-ins such as nuts, nut/seed butter or dried fruit. Place all the ingredients into your bowl, stir and let sit overnight in the fridge. In the morning you’ll have a creamy delicious oat bowl that’s ready to enjoy!
It’s time to bid goodbye to your same uninspired dinners, and to show your tastebuds some love. Give your healthy dinners a delicious upgrade and enjoy your nights in like never before!