Zucchini fries are the perfect snack for when you’re looking for something crunchy, savory, and a little bit guilt-free. By baking them instead of frying, you save on calories and fat without sacrificing flavor. And with a generous sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and a few simple seasonings, these zucchini fries are sure to impress both kids and adults. Here’s how to make them:
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Cut the zucchinis into wedges, about 1/2 inch thick and 4 inches long.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, garlic powder, and paprika.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs.
- In a third bowl, combine the panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Dip each zucchini wedge in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Dip the floured wedge in the beaten egg, making sure it’s completely covered.
- Dip the egg-coated wedge in the bread crumb mixture, pressing down gently to help the crumbs stick.
- Place the wedges on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the wedges.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender and the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Make sure to use panko bread crumbs for extra crunch.
- For a spicier version, add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the flour mixture.
- These zucchini fries are best served fresh from the oven, so plan accordingly.
These baked Parmesan zucchini fries are a delicious and healthier alternative to traditional potato fries. The crispy crust and savory Parmesan flavor make them irresistible, and the recipe is simple and easy to follow. Try them as a snack or a side dish, and enjoy the flavor of fresh zucchini in a fun and convenient form.