Salmon is a versatile and delicious fish that can be prepared in a variety of ways. This recipe for succulent salmon with lemon butter sauce features a tender, moist, and flaky salmon fillet that has been seasoned to perfection and topped with a zesty lemon butter sauce. This dish is perfect for a special occasion or a romantic dinner at home.
- 4 salmon fillets, skin on
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the salmon fillets to the pan, skin side down, and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Flip the salmon fillets over and transfer the pan to the oven.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the lemon juice and parsley.
- To serve, pour the lemon butter sauce over the salmon fillets and garnish with lemon wedges.