Honey Garlic Chicken
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4
Crispy pieces of chicken in a sweet and tasty honey garlic sauce!
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 2 tablespoons oil (peanut or vegetable)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup chicken broth (or water)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar, or white vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- Mix the chicken into the egg until fully coated before mixing in the corn starch until just evenly coated.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add the chicken, separate, and cook until golden brown, about 2-4 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, mix the honey, garlic, broth, vinegar, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and cornstarch.
- Add the sauce mixture to the pan, bring it to a boil and simmer until it thickens a bit, about a minute.
- Add the butter and let it melt into the sauce before enjoying!
Tip: Steam rice while you make the honey garlic chicken and it will be done at about the same time!
Option: Omit the egg and cornstarch coating and cook the chicken in 1 tablespoon of oil for a lighter version!
Option: Add a vegetable such as snap peas, sugar peas, bell pepper, broccoli, etc.
Option: Add 1 teaspoon sesame oil.
Option: Add 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds.