Horseradish Mashed Parsnips and Celery Root
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:20 minutes Total Time:30 minutes Servings: 4
Light, fluffy and cream mashed parsnips and celery root with the bite of horseradish!
- 1 1/2 pounds parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds celery/celeriac root, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or milk)
- 2 tablespoons horseradish (optional)
- Place the parsnips, celeriac root and garlic in a large pot, cover with water, bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes, before draining well.
- Mash, or puree in a food processor and mix in the butter, sour cream and horse radish.
Option: Omit the horseradish.
Option: Use your favourite mashed potato ingredients!
Option: Cook in a slow cooker by placing the parsnips, celery root, garlic and butter in a slow cooker and cook until the veggies are nice and tender, about 4+ hours on low or 2+ hours on high, before adding the remaining ingredients and mashing!