Asparagus is a delicious vibrant vegetable that can add a fresh bite to your Buddha Bowl. Asparagus is full of flavor, and you can add even more by following our recipe!
Buddha Bowl Veggies
Buddha Bowl veggies will teach you the easiest ways to cook, store, and use vegetables! Asparagus can be seasoned with just salt and pepper or you can take it step furthering adding garlic and some other ingredients. Asparagus goes great with a pasta base or a fish protein.
Why Sautéing Asparagus is the Best
- Easy Buddha Bowl add-in
- It is an easy method for cooking asparagus
- Can add a yummy crunch or a tender bite–you decide how to cook it!
- Asparagus is nutritious and flavorful
- Adds so much flavor to your dish
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
How To Sauté Asparagus – Step by Step
- Wash asparagus with water and pat dry with a paper towel and move to cutting board
- Heat olive oil over medium heat while you cut up the asparagus stalks. You do not have to cut them, but if you do, try to make the pieces similar in size so they cook evenly.
- Add into pan and spread out evenly. Cover and cook until vibrant and tender (about 10 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Ways to Make Asparagus Taste Better
Add a teaspoon of Italian seasoning or any dried/fresh herbs that you have on hand or in the cabinet.
After adding asparagus to the pan, add a teaspoon of minced garlic along with it!
When you remove the asparagus from the heat, add a squeeze of lemon or lime juice.
Learn how to saute asparagus and add flavor to it! Asparagus adds a yummy fresh bite to any Buddha bowl.
Calories: 53 kcal
salt and pepper
Wash asparagus with water and pat dry with a paper towel and move to cutting boardAdd into pan and spread out evenly.
Heat olive oil over medium heat while you cut up the asparagus stalks. You do not have to cut them, but if you do, try to make the pieces similar in size so they cook evenly.
Cover and cook until vibrant and tender (about 10 minutes), stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and enjoy!
How to Sauté Asparagus
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g6%
Vitamin A 851IU17%
Vitamin C 6mg7%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
If you have tried sautéing asparagus, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!