Instant Pot Black Bean Corn Salsa Chicken
The EASIEST dump and go Instant Pot recipe that is perfect for tacos, nachos, burritos, salads, or any other way you want to use it!
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinles chicken breast (I used frozen)
- 15 ounces canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 14 ounces canned corn drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 ounce taco seasoning 1 packet
- ½ cup water
Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Pour black beans, corn, salsa, and taco seasoning on top of chicken.
Add water to Instant Pot (pour on the side so it doesn’t wash seasoning off of chicken).
Place the lid on top of the Instant Pot and move the valve to SEALING. Press the MANUAL (PRESSURE COOK) button and set timer for 25 minutes if chicken is frozen (or 18 minutes if chicken is thawed).
When the timer is done, do a QUICK RELEASE of the pressure.
Remove chicken from Instant Pot and shred with 2 forks (it should fall apart fairly easily).
Place chicken back into Instant Pot with salsa mixture and liquid. Mix together to incorporate the chicken.
Serve on top of salad, nachos, tacos, burritos, or anyway that you prefer! Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy.
- Place chicken, black beans, corn, salsa, and taco seasoning into a gallon-sized freezer bag. Place freezer bag into freezer and it will last up to 90 days.
- When ready to use, dump ingredients from bag into Instant Pot and add 1/2 cup of water in with the frozen food. Place the lid on top, move the valve to SEALING, and press the MANUAL button. Set timer for 25 minutes. Do a 5 minute NATURAL RELEASE when the timer is done. Follow the rest of the instructions as written.
Calories: 264 kcal · Carbohydrates: 26 g · Protein: 30 g · Fat: 4 g · Saturated Fat: 1 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 73 mg · Sodium: 1199 mg · Potassium: 838 mg · Fiber: 7 g · Sugar: 3 g · Vitamin A: 688 IU · Vitamin C: 7 mg · Calcium: 45 mg · Iron: 2 mg