Make the most delicious pulled pork in an Instant Pot, in a fraction of the usual time. Cooked quickly with brown sugar and spices before being tossed in a sweet and tangy BBQ sauce, this shredded pork is wonderfully tender and juicy. It makes for great sandwiches and sliders.
BBQ Pulled Pork
I’m addicted to this easy pulled pork recipe! Slow cooking it in the oven is great, but it takes around 3 hours. This Instant Pot Pulled Pork cooks in less than an hour, but is just as tender and flavorful!
Why You’ll Love this Instant Pot Pulled Pork Recipe:
- One Pot: All cooked right in the pressure cooker, even the clean-up is a breeze!
- Make Ahead: Cook this up a couple of days before you plan to serve it to save yourself some time and effort on the day.
- Great for a Crowd: This Instant Pot pulled pork recipe will easily serve eight, so it’s ideal for gatherings. The leftovers taste great the next day too!
I just love how quick it is to cook a pork shoulder using this method! Super easy to prep too, just let the Instant Pot do all of the hard work!
How to Make Instant Pot Pulled Pork
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Pat the pork shoulder dry and rub with the spice mix.
- Add chicken stock to the Instant Pot and place in the pork.
- Cook and naturally release.
- Remove the pork and shred.
- Whisk the BBQ sauce in with the chicken stock.
- Add the shredded pork back to the Instant Pot and toss to combine.
Yes. If using bone-in pork shoulder, add 5 minutes to the cook time.
Absolutely! Instead of following this recipe to make your own spice rub, use 4 tablespoons of your favorite spice rub in step 3.
I used a 6-quart Instant Pot for this pulled pork recipe. Use a similarly sized pot for best results.
To make pulled pork in a slow cooker, follow this recipe for crockpot BBQ pork.
Store leftover pulled pork in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
I love to serve this Instant Pot pulled pork in burgers or sliders. Plate it up with these favorite BBQ sides:
However you decide to enjoy this BBQ shredded pork, one thing is for sure, you are going to LOVE it!
- Use pork shoulder for the best pulled pork. It has the perfect ratio of fat to meat, making it perfectly tender and flavorful.
- Pat the pork dry before seasoning it. This helps it cook more evenly and helps it to get nice and juicy.
- Once made, you can keep the BBQ pulled pork on the warm setting in the Instant Pot for up to 2 hours before serving.
This pulled pork is so simple to fix in the Instant Pot. It takes very little effort and requires minimal hands-on time.
What kind of BBQ sauce should I use?
Use your favorite kind of store-bought or homemade BBQ sauce.
What can I use instead of chicken stock?
Chicken stock prevents the pork from burning on the bottom. Instead of chicken stock, use water or beer.
How can I make this pork spicy?
For spicy pulled pork, add 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the spice rub and mix in a little hot sauce with the BBQ sauce in step 9.
This Instant Pot pulled pork recipe makes it easy to cook up the most tender and flavorful shredded pork. Give it a go, I know you are going to love it!
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.