Jalapeno Strawberry Jam
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:15 minutes Total Time:25 minutes Servings: 96(~6 cups or 96 1 tablespoon servings)
A fresh homemade strawberry jam with a hit of jalapeno heat!
- 4 cups strawberries, cleaned, hulled, sliced or mashed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced or diced
- 7 cups sugar
- 1 box pectin
- Bring the strawberries, jalapeno, and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat in a large sauce pan.
- Mix in the pectin and bring to a hard boil for 1 minute, before removing from heat.
- Skin any foam off before poring into sterilized jars and storing in the fridge.
Option: Use more jalapenos for more heat or remove seeds for less heat.
Option: Use proper canning procedure to store at room temperature or for longer periods of time.