Ingredients: 1/2 lb sirloin or tender cut beef, cut into thin strips,1 tablespoon Butter or margarine,8 (10-inch) flour tortillas,1 tsp garlic powder,2 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally,2 cups kimchi, drained and chopped,1 tablespoon Olive oil,Salt & freshly ground pepper,2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted,1, 2 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar
- In a skillet or non-stick frying pan, melt the 2 tbsp butter and add the chopped kimchi, cook over medium heat until caramelized and slightly charred.
- Remove any excess liquid and set aside. Seasoning with garlic powder is recommended.
- In the same pan, saute the thin slices of beef on medium heat until browned.
- Add salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Remove any excess liquid and set aside.
- On large pan or griddle, heat over medium heat.
- Brush 1 tsp vegetable or olive oil on pan and coat evenly.
- Place 1 tortilla on pan and spread ingredients according to preference. Make sure to leave an inch from the edges clear and top with another tortilla. Slightly press down with hand to compress the quesadilla.
- Drizzle some oil on the top tortilla and brush evenly to coat.
- Heat the quesadilla until browned on the bottom, flip carefully and continue cooking until browned and blistered on both sides. When finished, carefully transfer to a cutting board and let cool for a few minutes.
- Cut into 4 equal pieces and transfer to serving plate. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 4 quesadillas.
- Mixing and matching ingredients to your liking is encouraged. ^^