Lemon Chicken Pasta is my current obsession and I’ve made it 3 times in the past 2 weeks. No apologies though, its so good!
This Lemon Chicken Pasta is one of those recipes that you can keep on hand for anytime! It’s good in spring, summer, fall or winter and it’s beyond easy (music to my ears). I’ve whipped this up, no joke 3 times in the last 2 weeks and eat it on repeat for lunch and dinner without a second thought. All the ingredients you need for this are probably in your refrigerator as we speak, except perhaps the chives! But those could be substituted for any herb – basil, parsley, green onions, mint… you name it!
- 10 ounces linguini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 4 ounces shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 6 ounces crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch chives, snipped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- handful of shredded italian mix cheese
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to the package directions, drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the garlic, shallots and mushrooms and sauté for 6-7 minutes until tender. Add the chicken and sauté until fully cooked – about 10 minutes more. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Once chicken is fully cooked, add the drained pasta, lemon zest, lemon juice and chives. Toss everything together and adjust seasoning as needed. Serve with cheese mixed in.