Every glass of iced tea needs LEMON MINT SIMPLE SYRUP ICE CUBES! Just mix, freeze, and drop in your favorite iced tea to make a sweet Summer treat. No more watered down sweet tea for me!
Since I got pregnant Mom has been helping me with the blog. She comes over once a week and helps me tackle the recipes I’ve been wanting to make. It’s a HUGE help and I don’t know what I would do without her! You guys would probably be looking at a very bare site by now without her saving the day. I have so many posts photographed from her help, but am still slacking on writing them and posting them! No one told me working with a newborn would be tricky! (kidding).
Long story short, I have a bunch of Summer recipes that I have waited too long to post, and now we are almost into Fall. I couldn’t let Summer pass without posting these amazing LEMON MINT SIMPLE SYRUP ICE CUBES that are just perfect for Sweet Tea. They were 100% Mom’s idea and they are GENIUS. I’m obsessed, can you blame me?
I love that these Simple Syrup Ice Cubes allow for the absolute perfect Iced Sweet Tea. You can add just one for a more “half cut” taste or add more if you like an extra sugary drink. The lemon and mint give the tea such a delicious pop, and you never have to worry about watered down sweet tea again. Let’s hold on to the porch sipping feeling of Summer as long as possible this year. It’s still hot in Missouri, so I’m hoping everyone is still in need of cold drinks!
As an extra bonus, they make for quite the pretty cup of sweet tea. I think these Lemon Mint Simple Syrup Ice Cubes are pretty life changing, at least in our house. So fun to keep them in your freezer for an instant pick me up.
- 1 cup water or liquid tea
- 1 cup granulated sugar or packed brown sugar
- Lemon, orange or lime slices, berries and/or fresh mint leaves.
- Be creative – almost any herb or fruit can be used.
- Place liquid and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until sugar is dissolved, approximately 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Place the fruit and/or mint in each ice cube mold then fill each mold with the cooled syrup. Freeze.
- Serve with prepared iced tea.