Ingredients: 1/2 teaspoon baking powder,1/2 cup Confectioners’ sugar,2 eggs,1/4 cup All-purpose flour,¾ cup lemon juice,1 teaspoon Grated lemon rind,1/2 cup Sugar,1/2 cup Unsalted butter, cut into small pieces 125 mL,½ tsp vanilla essence
- In a medium bowl, stir together 2 cups flour and confectioners’ sugar. Blend in the melted butter and vanilla essence.Press the soft dough with the palm of your hand into the bottom of the greased 9×13 inch pan.
- Bake the dough in the preheated oven at 170C for 15 minutes, or until golden.Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat eggs until light.
- Combine the sugar, baking powder and cup of flour so there will be no flour lumps.Stir the sugar mixture into the eggs.Stir in the lemon juice and lemon rind.
- Pour over the prepared crust and return to the oven.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes or until bars are set.Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.