These Mint Chocolate Thumbprint cookies pair my two favorite ingredients for one heavenly cookie!
Chocolate Mint Thumbprints cookies are good any time of year, we really love them for St. Patrick’s Day and during the holiday season!
They’re so easy to make and have the best cool mint flavor some people also call them Peppermint Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies or Chocolate Peppermint Thumbprint cookies!.
Ingredients needed to make Mint Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies:
- Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- Vegetable Oil
- Thin Mint Patties
- White Chocolate Chips
How to make Chocolate Mint Thumbprint Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cake mix, oil, and eggs together. Drop spoonful of cookie dough ball (about 1-inch balls) onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 6-9 minutes (do not overbake).
- Take sheet out of oven and while the cookies are still very hot, place a thin mint patty on top center of each cookie. Let cookies cool, then melt chocolate chips in microwave at 30-second intervals and drizzle melted chocolate on top of the cookies. Once cooled serve them on a cookie tray.
Notes: You can add green food color to the chocolate chips to make them more festive.
These kitchen items will come in handy for these delicious cookies:
- cookie sheets
- cookie scoop
- large bowl
- small bowl or medium bowl
- wire rack
- microwave-safe bowl
- parchment paper
- hand mixer
- plastic wrap or container for storing
How to store these Mint Chocolate Cookies:
For best results you can store these in an airtight container at room temperature. They should stay fresh for 5-7 days.
Looking for the perfect holiday cookie?! These Mint Chocolate Thumbprints are part of our 50 Easy Christmas Cookies Recipes with Few Ingredients!
Other Chocolate Mint Cookies you’ll want to try:
Our favorite mint desserts:
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Mint Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies Recipe
Chocolate and mint are the perfect combo for these cookies!
- 15.25 ounces Devil’s Food Cake Mix 1 box
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 30 thin mint patties unwrapped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix cake mix, oil, and eggs together. Drop spoonfuls of dough onto baking sheet.
Bake for 6-9 minutes (do not overbake).
Take sheet out of oven and while the cookies are still very hot, place a thin mint patty on top of each cookie. Let cookies cool, then melt chocolate chips in microwave and drizzle on top of each cookie.
- You can add green food color to the chocolate chips to make them more festive.
Calories: 295 kcal · Carbohydrates: 49 g · Protein: 3 g · Fat: 11 g · Saturated Fat: 7 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 13 mg · Sodium: 140 mg · Potassium: 116 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 36 g · Vitamin A: 21 IU · Vitamin C: 1 mg · Calcium: 40 mg · Iron: 1 mg
Microwave Safe Bowl
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.