Ingredients: 1 1/4 cups buttermilk,1 cup spelt bran,1 cup unsweetened applesauce,1 cup raisins or cranberries,3/4 package dark brown sugar,1 large egg,4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened,1/4 cup molasses,1 teaspoon vanilla extract,2 cups spelt flour,2 teaspoons baking powder,1 teaspoon baking soda,1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line or grease a 12 – cup muffin tin.
- Mix the buttermilk and bran in a large bowl and soak for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the applesauce, rasins, brown sugar, egg, butter, molasses and vanilla.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in a seperate bowl. Gently fold the flour into the wet ingrediens until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin tins.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle come out clean. About 20 minutes.