Ingredients: 1 1/2 tablespoons Arrowroot or 2 tsp kudzu powder,2 Bay leaves,Cayenne to taste,2 tablespoons Dry red wine,4 cups Mushrooms, fresh, finely chopped,2 garlic cloves pressed,1 cup Onion, finely chopped,1/2 cup Shiitake mushrooms, 2 tablespoons Olive oil,1 tablespoon Tamari, or more to taste,1 teaspoon Tarragon,1 cup water or mild vegetable stock,2 tablespoons Whole wheat pastry flour,cup Dry red wine
- Prepare the crepes.
- Place the shiitake mushrooms in a bowl. Cover them with water and let them soak for at least 1 hour.Discard the stems and finely chop the mushrooms. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Add the onion, garlic and bay leaves.
- Saute over low heat until the onions are translucent.
- Add the shiitake mushrooms, the fresh mushrooms, and the tarragon. Cook until the mushrooms are done.Stir in the flour and mix well.
- Pour in the wine while continuing to stir.Cook until the mixture thickens.
- Add the tamari and cayenne to taste. Set the filling aside while you make the sauce.Sauce: Dissolve the arrowroot or kudzu in the water.
- Add the wine. Cook in small saucepan over high heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens. This is not supposed to be very thick, so do not overcook it.
- Add the tamari to taste and mix well.To assemble: If the filling mixture has cooled down, heat it by returning the skillet to the stove and stirring the mixture over medium-high heat until it is hot.
- Place about 1/4 cup of filling in the center of each crepe and roll up the crepes.
- Place the crepes on individual serving plates.
- Pour some of the sauce over each crepe and serve.