You only need 4 ingredients to make this Easy Peanut Butter Granola. This easy homemade granola recipe is great with yogurt, milk, or eaten by the handful for a healthy Breakfast or snack!
Peanut butter and chocolate, the two are a match made in heaven. I love them individually, but together, man oh man, talk about divine! Chocolate peanut butter brownies and no-bake chocolate peanut butter bars are two of my favorite desserts.
I am a sucker for anything with peanut butter and chocolate for dessert, but what about peanut butter and chocolate for BREAKFAST? Now we are talking. Peanut Butter Granola with mini chocolate chips is my current obsession. This easy homemade granola is healthy enough to eat for breakfast but tastes like dessert. Yep, pretty much the best granola recipe ever!
Homemade granola is so easy to make at home and SO much better than store bought. If you are worried about homemade granola being difficult to make, think again. This easy granola recipe only has FOUR ingredients. It doesn’t get any easier than that and I bet you have all of the ingredients in your pantry right now.
4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Granola
To make this granola, you need:
- old fashioned oats
- peanut butter
- mini chocolate chips
SO simple! If you don’t want chocolate chips in your granola, you can leave them out.I’ve made both versions, with and without chocolate, and both are fantastic! Plain peanut butter granola is good too! Then, you only need three ingredients.
Tips for Making Peanut Butter Granola
- Make sure you use old fashioned oats and not quick oats.
- Use creamy peanut butter. If you use salted peanut butter, you don’t need to add salt to the recipe. If you use unsalted peanut butter, add a little salt to the recipe.
- The granola is sweetened with honey and it makes the granola SO good. Peanut butter and honey are another winning combo.
- I use mini chocolate chips for this recipe because I like a little chocolate with my peanut butter granola. A little chocolate goes a long way here.
- If you need the granola to be gluten free, use gluten free oats. If you need the granola to be vegan, you can use maple syrup instead of honey and vegan chocolate chips. I like these vegan chocolate chips.
- Bake the granola at a low temperature so you don’t burn the granola.
- Let the granola cool completely on the baking sheet and don’t stir it if you want the granola to clump up.
- Don’t add the chocolate chips to the granola until it is completely cooled. You don’t want the chocolate chips to melt into the granola.
- Feel free to mix it up. You can add nuts or coconut to the granola!
We like to eat the granola with Greek yogurt or a splash of cold milk. It is also great eaten by the handful. Just beware, once you start, it is hard to stop! The granola will keep in an airtight container or jar for up to one month, ours never lasts that long:)
If you like this homemade granola recipe, you might like:
Peanut Butter Granola
Easy 4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Granola with mini chocolate chips makes a great breakfast treat or fun snack!
Yield: About 3 1/2 cups
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time:30 minutes
Total Time:35 minutes
- 3 cups old fashioned oats (can use gluten-free oats)
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and a Silpat baking mat and set aside.
- Place the oats in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, combine the peanut butter and honey. Heat in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter and honey over the oats and stir until oats are well coated. If you aren’t using salted peanut butter, you can add a little salt.
- Bake granola for 25-30 minutes, stirring once, or until granola is slightly golden brown.
- Let the granola cool completely on the baking sheet without stirring. When the granola is cool, stir in the mini chocolate chips.
Note-store the cooled granola in an airtight container or jar for up to 1 month.
All images and text © .
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!